Membership - Overview
The I3DS & 3D@Home Consortium is composed of companies that want to ensure the best possible 3-dimensional viewing experience for consumers in today's entertainment market. Membership is open to any company involved or interested in the advancement of 3D into the home and ensuring consumers get the best possible 3D viewing experience.
Members include companies from every level of the supply chain, including:
- entertainment companies developing 3D content
- technology companies enabling content creation and movement of that content
- entertainment distribution companies
- companies that develop software for creation and manipulation of the digital files
- manufacturers of 3D displays, drivers and other critical hardware
- standards organizations
- training companies
- educational institutions
Read the Top Ten reasons that members have joined the I3DS & 3D@Home
Full member meetings are held periodically in convenient locations throughout the globe. When available, meetings are held at member sites or in conjunction with other industry-wide events. Steering and project teams meet primarily via teleconference and collaborate online, and also meet face-to-face during quarterly meetings.
Membership dues are invoiced on an annual basis, based on date of joining. The I3DS & 3D@Home is a 501(c)(6) organization. As such, dues are a tax-deductible business expense. The society's rules and policies are laid out in the organization's bylaws. Copies are provided upon request.